Jeremy Collins is a web designer who helps businesses create websites that connect with their customers, bring in more leads, and grow their profits. Owning a website is a lot of work. You have to keep your website secure, update the software, and frequently add new content to keep it relevant to your customers. His monthly Care Plan takes the stress off of you in keeping your site safe and protected. He’s on your side making sure that month to month your site is protected, updated, maintained, backed up, and running smoothly.
What are some of the best resources that have helped you along the way?
What role does delegating play in your business?
Refer non-design work to others while I focus more on web design and website management.
How do you prioritize?
- Create a written to-do list
- Prioritize your list and do those at the top of the list first
- Set deadlines for your tasks
- Set aside 30 minutes every morning to plan your day
How do you handle goal setting?
In November, I start thinking about my 4 big goals for the next year. I set 1 goal for each quarter of the year. Quarterly goals get broken down into monthly goals so every month, I’m working on smaller goals that help push my business forward.
Tips/Tricks for Time:
- Set a daily schedule and stick to it.
- Set office hours and stick to it.
- Block off segments of your day for specific tasks (e.g. 30 minutes planning, 1 hour for reactionary work).
Reactionary work is work that comes in unexpectedly during the day.
- Set an hour aside every day to handle all of the reactionary work that comes in so you can stay focused during the day.
Examples of reactionary work in my business: An email asking to update a web page, a customer support question, or anything else that comes in through email that needs to be done but can be put off until the end of the day.
Most influential person:
Josh Hall is a web design mentor who has helped many web designers launch and grow their businesses. He really helped me define better processes so that I can provide better service and achieve my goals faster.